Whether you’re concerned about the environment or just want to save some money on your power bills, the team at Solar Tactics can help with our excellent solar panel installation Melbourne service.
As a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Solar Retailer, we have the expertise to service both residential and commercial customers across Melbourne, ensuring we plan, design and connect quality solar systems in-line with your energy needs and budget.
Getting solar panels installed can be a big decision, but there are many positive reasons to do so, including long-term financial savings and adding value to your property value.
DIY Solar Panel Installation – Can I Install Solar Panels Myself?
In Australia, the government has outlined legal regulations around the installation of solar panels that rule out DIY installation. Not only can you not install solar panels yourself, but you cannot hire just any old electrician or a handyman who thinks he can install the solar panels for a lower price.
Solar panels MUST be installed by an electrician who is fully qualified AND accredited with the Clean Energy Council.
This is so that solar panels and inverters are compliant with safety guidelines and don’t pose a risk to current or future tenants. CEC accredited solar panel installers will ensure:
- All warning labels are placed where they’re meant to be (i.e. at the point of supply, meter panel, DC wiring)
- Switches are compliant and designed to fail safely with isolation devices installed
- Panels and inverters meet the correct requirements for the property.
- Solar panels are installed in the right location on the roof to maximise their benefit (solar panels should generally be installed on the north-facing side of the roof, but installers also need to make sure they’re not overshadowing neighbouring properties.)
- Tests are completed to confirm proper functionality once the system is installed.
At Solar Tactics, we have a duty of care to ensure any solar system we sell you is safely installed and fully compliant, which is why the cost of installation is included in the price of the solar system.
How Much Does Solar Panel Installation Cost?
The cost of solar panel installation varies depending on your needs and requirements. The solar system we recommend will be based on a variety of factors, so we will need to run through some questions with you prior to finalising your quote. Our recommendation will take into consideration:
- The type of customer (residential or commercial)
- The size of the property
- Your current usage patterns
- The amount of money you want to save on your electricity bills
- The size and quality of the inverter unit required and length of the warranty
- The number of solar panels needed
- Ease of access to the roof for the installers
- Any available government rebates
- Your budget
- The availabilities of qualified and accredited solar panel installers
Choosing the Right System
At Solar Tactics, we take into consideration all of the above factors before recommending an appropriate solar system and offering a quote. We take the time to understand what you need and then design your ideal setup. Our solar panel installers then get to work, ensuring the quality of their installation is second to none.
All our solar panel installers in Melbourne are accredited with the Clean Energy Council, and each solar installation comes with a 10 Year Workmanship Warranty so you can be certain the job will be done properly.
Solar Tactics provides and installs quality systems throughout the Melbourne southern region which includes: Casey, Cardinia, Greater Dandenong, Kingston, Frankston and Mornington Peninsula.
Solar Panel Government Rebates
Over the years, the federal and state governments of Australia have recognised the benefits of clean solar energy and have offered substantial subsidies to encourage home-owners to install solar systems and panels.
The amount of subsidy has and does change at times, depending on the focus and policies of the government. Currently, government rebates and loans are available, though the solar scheme for eligible home-owners (owner-occupiers with properties valued at $3m or less, with a taxable income of less than $180k) though these eligibility criteria could change or the scheme could end.
The assumption is that the subsidy scheme will continue for at least another ten years, but the amount that is on offer will most likely continue reducing, so we encourage anyone who’s interested to get in touch, and we’ll be able to offer advice on eligibility.
Don’t Wait! Get the maximum government benefit while you still can!
Harnessing the power of the sun has never been easier! After the initial setup, there is very little that you need to do except sit back and watch your bills decrease.
Get in touch with our team of experts if you want to get a quote or have any questions about solar panel systems or installation. We’ll be happy to help!